I have a strong record of supporting veterans through my efforts in the U.S. Congress as well as in the state legislature. The scandal that has plagued the VA and our veterans is inexcusable and I have voted to hold these VA employees completely accountable for the malfeasance.
As a member of the House Military Veterans Caucus I am actively engaged with a bipartisan coalition of Members of Congress to make sure that the nation fulfills its commitments to those who have served our nation in uniform. We have had strong, robust funding for our veterans programs, even during these tight budget times. Veterans’ benefits are earned benefits, and he believes meeting these obligations should be one of our highest priorities.
Some of the steps I have taken to serve those who have served us are:
- Voting against the TRICARE fee increases
- Supporting the needs of surviving spouses of our nation’s veterans
- Easing the transition from military life to civilian life
- Establishing guaranteed advanced funding for veterans care and making sure that veterans get paid during government shutdowns
- Dedicating additional resources to address the veterans claims backlog