From the NRA, read the release here
Dear Florida NRA Member:
Please vote Bill Posey for U.S. House of Representatives for Florida’s 8th Congressional District on or before Tuesday, August 18th.
In-person absentee voting has already begun and continues through August 15th, 2020. For more information on voting in Florida, please call (850) 245-6500 or click here.
The NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) has endorsed Bill Posey for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 8th Congressional District of Florida. Bill has a proven pro-Second Amendment record and is committed to protecting our right to self-defense!
For the following reasons, Bill Posey has received our endorsement and “A” rating:
- Supports Right-to-Carry – Voted for the strongest Concealed Carry Reciprocity legislation ever to come before the U.S. Congress, which would ensure that the nearly 20 million law-abiding Americans who can carry a concealed firearm in their home state are able to do so in any other state that does not prohibit it.
- Supports Veterans’ Second Amendment Rights – Voted for legislation that would protect veterans’ Second Amendment rights.
- Opposes Semi-Auto Ban – Opposes any legislation that would ban commonly owned firearms used for hunting, recreational shooting and self-defense.
- Opposes Criminalizing Private Firearm Transfers – Voted against the Pelosi/Biden/Bloomberg so-called “universal” background check system that would criminalize the private transfer of firearms which, according to the Justice Department, is only enforceable through federal firearms registration.
- Opposes Backdoor Gun Ban – Voted to repeal an Obama-era scheme that forced Social Security recipients to choose between their benefits and their Second Amendment right to possess a firearm.
- Opposes Government Blacklists – Opposes legislation denying persons on secret government lists their Second Amendment right to purchase or own a firearm without due process.
- Supports America’s Hunting Heritage – Voted to increase access and expand opportunity for sportsmen in Florida and across the United States.
- Opposes Operation Choke Point – Voted for legislation to end an abusive Obama-era program, known as Operation Choke Point, in which the Department of Justice intimidated banks into refusing or severing financial services to legally-operated ammunition and firearms dealers.
Please vote Bill Posey for U.S. House of Representatives for Florida’s 8th Congressional District on or before Tuesday, August 18th, and please encourage your friends and family to do the same!